Prams also called baby carriages, come in wide different varieties. Some are designed for infants, while others convert to accommodate toddlers. Some prams are even all-in-one systems that can be used as a stroller, car seat, and bassinet! How do you know which one is right for you and your baby?
Types of Baby Prams
There are many different type’s of baby prams on the market, so it can be hard to know which one is right for you and your baby.
Here is a quick guides to some of the most popular types of baby prams to help you make your decision:
- Traditional Prams: These prams are the classic style with a big Bassinet or Carrycot for your baby to lie in. They tend to be sturdy and can be used for newborns up to 6 months old.
- 3-Wheel Prams: These prams have three wheels instead of four and are often lighter and more maneuverable than traditional prams. They are a grate option if you are going to be doing a lot of walking or have limited storage space.
- Jogger Prams: These prams are designed for active parents who want to be able to take their baby jogging or running with them. They have large wheels and suspension systems to make the ride smoother for both baby and parent.
- Travel Systems: These prams come with an infant car seat that can clip onto the frame of the pram, making it easy to transfer your sleeping baby.
When looking for a pram for your baby, safety is always the number one priority. Here are some tips to help you choose the safest pram for your little one:
- Look for a pram with a five-point harness system. This will help keep your baby secure in the pram, even if they try to wiggle around.
- Make sure the pram has a sturdy frame. A thin structure could collapse if your baby leans too far to one side.
- Avoid prams with large, exposed wheels. These could pose a danger if your baby’s fingers or toes get caught in them.
- Choose a pram with brakes that lock both wheels simultaneously. This will ensure that the pram cannot roll away if you accidentally let go of it.
- Test out the pram before you buy it. Push it around to see how easy it is to maneuver and ensure that the folding mechanism works smoothly.
Features to Look for in a Pram
When you are shopping for a pram, there are a few features that you will want to look for. These features will help to make sure that your baby is comfortable and safe while riding in the pram.
One of the essential feature’s to look for is a comfortable seat. The seat should be well-padded and have a reclining feature so that your baby can take a nap if needed. You’ll also want to ensure that the center has a five-point harness system to keep your baby secure.
Another feature to look for is storage space. A suitable pram will have a large basket underneath the seat where you can store diapers, wipes, and other necessities. Some prams even have additional storage pockets on the sides of the center or in the back of the canopy.
Finally, you’ll want to ensure that the pram you choose has good suspension. This will help smooth out any bumps in the road so that your baby can ride comfortably.
How to Car Seat and Stroller Together?
There are many ways to transport your baby, but one of the most popular is using a car seat and stroller together. This can be an excellent option for parent’s who want the convenience of being able to move their babies around without having to take them out of the car seat. It can also be a good choice for parents who have twins or children of different ages, as it allows you to keep both children together in one place.
However, there are a few thing’s you need to consider before using a car seat and stroller together. Ensure that the car seat is compatible with the stroller, as some seats are not designed to be used with strollers. You will also need to ensure that the car seat is securely attached to the stroller so that it does not come loose and fall off.
If you are using a stroller with a car seat, you will need to make sure that you follow all of the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. This includes making sure that the car seat is properly secured in the stroller and that you do not exceed the weight limit for the stroller.
When using a car seat and stroller together, it is essential to remember that your child is still.
What is the Price Range?
The average price range for a quality pram is between $200 and $800. You can find cheaper options, but they may not offer the same features or durability. When making your decision, be sure to take into account the quality of the product as well as your budget.
If you are looking for the best possible option, be prepared to spend closer to $800. This will get you a top-of-the-line product that will provide years of use. It is worth noting that some high-end prams can cost upwards of $1000, so be sure to set your budget accordingly.